1.10.2007

Memoirs of 2006: Fall

Overlooking Hollywood to DowntownThe end is in sight. I swear.

October
While I went
searching for a clone, my entire family descended on Malibu to watch my cousin (the same one who unintentionally barred me from getting that damn job) get married. Again.

Then I ran.
A lot.

A certain man came in for
a surprise visit and I ran off to San Francisco (with Pete Carroll of all people) to shoot and cavort. With the ultra-spectacular Jack. Who has promised that next time we can drink without a time limit. The Raiders won their game that day, by beating Carroll's darling, Matt Leinert's team. A good Sunday all around!

The Princess and I celebrated
our first reanniversary (we fell out of touch in high school, but it's all better now) by going to Halloween Haunt. We held hands so that the monsters wouldn't eat us.

Then there were the Halloween festivites during which I spent as
a big, dumb blonde.

November
La Ria and I finally saw each other again, after an extended life-related hiatus. Then I took her to see the
Bouncing Souls and all was right with the world.

I then embarrassed my work by showing it to a
bunch of morons from New York. I've apologized to it and decided to just show it to you guys every single Friday instead.

I then forced all my friends to wear hats during poker. Because I can. And they did, even if one was a tinfoil beanie. My friends love me. And they damn well better after I sat through 90 minutes of watching some of them simulate sex. Gay and incestual sex, to be exact. I'm nothing if not supportive of the people I love.

My sports bras, however, are not. Assholes.

December
102 hours on the job in 11 days. I was fucking tired all month long, but still made time for
UCLA, another half, and my boys. For my troubles I received another traffic ticket and smashed up my roommate's car. I swear to god, I'm fucking cursed. Fuck fuck fuck.

Then
the Cat-roo-key turned 30 and we gorged on sushi. And soju tonics. If you've never had one, I highly recommend them. Zip on 3rd and Traction is the place. Hit it.

The final blogger meet-up of the year finally came to fruition. Yay! I love me some
Roonie. She's fun. And funny.

Then
a raise, Xmas, and NYE at a pajama party.

THE END.

5 comments:

David N. Scott said...

This was a cool series. I haven't been feeling as comment-y lately, but I enjoyed reading it.

Anonymous said...

That was a good year, I think, and it has been lovely to read your exploits.

Anonymous said...

You were the highlight of my December, too :)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Aw, now I'm blushing!

DrinkJack said...

I would not have recognized you in our halloween outfit. You more a 1000 times more exciting than Oracle's conference (and it had Joan Jett)