1.29.2007

Happy Birthday, Krazy Mommy!

Today, my oldest friend on the planet turns Old Minus 1. That's right, 29.

Over the past 23 years we've had our share of laughs and heartaches. The brat would ruthlessly cheat at hopscotch because she was jealous that Tommy liked me better (I kissed him first...when we were 6). But then we'd run inside and eat cream of mushroom soup on hot summer afternoons. And life was good.

We're all growed up now and yet somtimes we're still those silly little girls trying to match our Madonna-esque jewelry to our outfits. Despite the fact that we lead completely different lives--she's the president of moms, I'm the career girl; she rules Agrestic, and I love LA--we cling to each other for sanity.

We've traded in the soup for margaritas, that are especially delicious when the boys are out of town. Every once in a while she ditches her suburban life for a night in the city with her girls. Where we get drunk. On margaritas. And chocolate sauce.

It's friends like her (and the Princess and La Ria) that make it worthwhile to be a woman. In a world full of flakes and backstabbers, I know I can count on her (and them) always.

Take a look at the two of us growing up, from 1985 to 2007:




Everyone should have themselves a friend as great as my Krazy Mommy. Happy day, you old bitch! I love you and appreciate you more the older I get.

But thank god I'll always be younger than you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that!!!
You really are the bestest friend a girl (or as you pointed out- an old woman) could have!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

You're not old yet. That's next year.

Hey, why was the Krazy Daddy trying to eat my tiara at my birthday party?

The littlest Princess said...

He wasn't trying to eat your tiara silly he was eatting the top of your head. Besides we were all having such a good time he just had to make us laugh.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I do have a tasty head. Especially when it's tequila-addled like in that picture taken on Int'l Make Out with GPG Day 2006!

You take good piccies of us, Princess!

Anonymous said...

I love photo collages. Happy Birfday to Old-Minus-1 Friend!

The littlest Princess said...

I thank you for the compliment on my picture taking abilities :) I'm not as good as you but I hope to be someday :) YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose your head is tasty. I'll remember to try it next time you've had some tequila :)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

By the way, who totally loves the look on my face in the one on the top right corner? So you know, I'm wearing a Debbie Gibson t-shirt.

It was 1989. Shut up.