1.14.2007

GPG is a Moron


I sat at my desk photoshopping for about 4 hours. With frozen fingertips. It's in the 40s outside and that's fucking arctic where I live.

I was wrapped in sweats, but my fingers wouldn't warm up. I alternated between sitting on them and blowing warm air on them so I could keep working.

Then I remembered that I have central heating.

4 hours. Suffering. Like a retard.


A little later I went to make a phone call. I picked up the television remote and started dialing before I realized what I was doing.

And sometimes I pick up my cellphone and listen for a dial tone.

Me = idiot.

If you know me personally, this is not news to you. Now the rest of you know my dirty little secret too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 40's is balmy where I live.

I do the same thing with my phone. I need one of those old-school fashioned phones with a rotary dial and the separate horn-thing you talk into. I think it'd be cool if they made cell phones like that now.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

J, that would be a little inconvenient, don't you think? Try keeping one of those phones in your pants pocket...

C-Dub said...

HA HA HA! I point. And I laugh. But only because I love you... And because I spend so many hours at work that I answer my personal phone "Hello, this is Christine." My friends are like, uh, you need to get out of the office more.

David N. Scott said...

Haha... that makes me feel a bit less absent-minded.

Anonymous said...

i am *always* picking up the cell waiting for the dial tone. and it's been so long since i've had a land line you'd think i would remember at this point....

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, you dear silly frozen girl. I thought it was just me who did things like that.

Anonymous said...

heehee, because I know you so well this is so much funnier, because I can see the whole thing in my head, and yes I am pointing and laughing at you too!
looking forward to Sunday brunch!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

:D