1.09.2007

Memoirs of 2006: Summer


Oh, what a summer.

July
I had gotten wind that my job might be in jeopardy the month before, but choose to ignore reality. People were being laid off left and right, but I was riding high on some great career accomplishments.

I spent 5 glorious days in Texas, networking and abusing my corporate account. Because I could. It was a good thing I did meet people, because a week after I got back to LA, I lost the job. Oh well. I spent a weekend partying with Exile and the rest of the time generally abusing my severance.

And trying not to fall out of bed.

August
This month was a blur of interviews and time spent drinking. Birthdays passed without the usual Vegas fanfare, but I met yet another blogger who was brilliance squared. It always nice to find out that the people behind the words are cool in person, too.

There was the 10 year reunion and that was a fabulous party. Being sans job was actually great because I did whatever the fuck I wanted whenever the fuck I wanted. Till the severance ran out because I'm not good with money sometimes. Like when I'm unemployed. And am rejected for a job I'd kick ass at just because my cousin is a moneymaker there. Fucking financial firms with their Sarbanes-Oxley restrictions.

Then Lex left us for the KY and life hasn't been the same since. Miss you, doll.


September
Interviews, job offers, a guy that said my blog made him want to make out with me. I tried raising money for cancer, but just ended up drinking a lot of Rolling Rock instead. And making out with said guy. Though not at the same time.

We drank whisky instead.

La Ria's birthday at the Laugh Factory gave us a glimpse of what Michael Richards would do to himself shortly thereafter.

For the record, he's just not funny. Like badly NOT funny.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes being unemployed really IS awesome.