1.19.2007

Photoblogging Friday 1.19.07


I have no dedication today. Mostly because when I had the time to go out and shoot your suggestions, I couldn't walk. Instead what you get is something I shot in February 2005.

In the steep hills of northeast LA, lies a little area the communists and counter-culturists still consider their enclave: Echo Park. Narrow walkways and tight staircases connect the paved roads. Some properties are only accessible via these hidden paths. It must suck when you move. Or have a lot of groceries to carry from your car.

But it is very serene.


Someone's front walk.

I have no idea where exactly this is located. I probably couldn't find it again if I tried. So we'll let it live here in infamy instead.

4 comments:

SkookumJoe said...

i notice the letterbox is at the bottom of the stairs. Who lives there? We should mail them some lead.

SkookumJoe said...

unless of course you live in bizzaro-LA and you posted the picture upside down to hide the fact, in which case the letterbox is actually hanging upside down from the top of the stairs and we should send them hydrogen instead.

Anonymous said...

If I didn't know better, I wouldn't have guessed that was in LA at all.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

That's the beautiful thing about this city. There are billion places deep inside it that aren't "city" at all.