1.25.2007

Photoblogging Friday 1.26.07


Today's post is once again a product of my overwhelming vanity. Also, I don't think I took either picture. So it's kind of a guest blogging Friday, too! (By phantom photographers because I don't know who took the pics.)

My hair is in that in-between stage that just sucks. It's been 9 months since I did
this, and it isn't anywhere near where I'd thought we'd be now. Which should be halfway down my back, instead of merely an inch past my shoulders.

I'm so annoyed and I don't know what to do. I can either chop it all off again and get the cute bob back, OR suffer through another god knows how many more months to get back to the mermaid hair.

The problem: I really like both.


GPG rockin' the shorty 'fro GPG stylin' with hair for days.

I leave it up to you, people. which way should I go: shorty 'fro or Rapunzel locks?

Keep in mind that both versions of GPG come with the cutie pie baby brother, so just ignore his presence there.

16 comments:

David N. Scott said...

I say Rapunzel! I like long hair. Julie had something similar happen, btw--cut her hair from mid back to shoulder cos she thought she'd get it back in 5-8 months anyway... but then it stopped growing...

Sandra said...

Oh, both are so cute...short...no, long...no, short....toss a coin: failsafe way to make a decision. If it's not what you want then you'll decide to do best of 3, and then you know your decision.

Bengali Chick said...

I'm also a curl girl and I was having the same issue you were. Finally, I have decided that my hair is easier to control when it's longer and provided me more flexibility. For these reasons my vote is for Rapunzel locks.

The littlest Princess said...

I love the adorable short cut but the long rapunzel look was awesome too. I can't decide. However when you feel the need to straighten it, and blow dry it, isn't it easier when it's short? You know what? Give it until summer if it's still not long enough and it's driving you crazy cut it.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

But summer is, like, forever away!! Well, not here in LA...thanks ladies for your opinions.

And also thanks David. I wonder how the rest of your gender will vote.

Anonymous said...

I vote for long because I'm old fashioned and fear change.

LB said...

I love them both! I can't pull off short hair...it makes my face look fat(ter). My dad told me that he'd disown me if I chopped my hair off again....hmmm....I don't think we need one more fatherless child in the world.
Baby brother is a cute pie! (don't tell the boyfriend I said that!)

Anonymous said...

Of course you are beautiful with both the long and the short, but I really really did like the short look, my opinion- chop it again!!!!!

as KD (imitating Ben Stiller in Dodge Ball) would say " Do It!"

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

JTS: why is it only married men are respondering?

LB: it totally makes my face look fatter. Which is CLEARLY why my bestest friend of 23 years, KM right there, wants me to chop it all off.

I'll get her back on Tuesday...

Anonymous said...

Because we (or at least I) can give advice here without the consequence of sleeping on the couch.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Well, bro, if you decide to grow it out, I will too.

Anonymous said...

i'm not married and i say grow it as long as possible! long hair is almost always the best way to go, imo :)

Anonymous said...

it does not make your face look fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it is a great sophisticated look for you!!! so there bitch!

Cowboy said...

I say go long, but it looks good both ways. You'll have plenty of time to chop it all off - i.e. your 40's

DrinkJack said...

I vote short, but you look damn good either way!

Anonymous said...

Coming from a girl who misses her long hair more than she misses her youth, I vote long. I'll join you in the growing-it-out journey.