1.09.2007

Memoirs of 2006: Spring


Continuing on...


April
I worked my ass off making up for all the work I missed in March. There were huge sales conferences at work, and photography in the free time. Two pictures I took ended up in a beverage magazine, which was awesomeness squared. Plus infinity. To the five-teenth power.

The Cat Burglar and I started drinking together, mostly in a mutual attempt to mend our respective and freshly broken hearts. It worked for some time.


I also chopped off all my hair and then got the crazy bug up my butt to run a marathon. It's been 8 months since the hair surgery and it's only grown 3 inches. Regret is a strong word, but probably the most relevant.

May
The year never really starts until my birthday, and I was more than happy to forget the 4 previous months. Work was kicking my ass with more sales conferences, but I also got to throw a mega-circus of a party for the founder of the big toy company AND meet the original Barbie. It was a really good few weeks, professionally speaking.

After my own birthday party and making out with various peoples, I acquired myself a stalker. That wasn't fun. At all. But then a certain man came to town and made it all better. Aw, that boy...

May rocked. Lets just call it the highlight of the year. Even if some asshole almost ended it all. I win!

June
Also a good month, it was characterized by much running and the easiest tradeshow to date, even though it was still exhausting. In fact, we were so hands off on the execution of it, I even found time to shoot the 44 women during it. Good times.

This probably also marked the downward slope where the Cat Burglar was concerned, but that wouldn't become apparent until much later down the line.

For my baby brother's birthday, he smashed up a Batman piƱata and then a gaggle of rowdy strangers sang him happy birthday at a nearby restaurant.

Life was good'ums. Squared.

Until I lost the ability to walk.

3 comments:

DrinkJack said...

I want to see your published work!!!! Now that is cool

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

It's on my website. One was a glass of whisky, the other was a picture of Cat Burglar, who has a monthly column on whisky. So technically, my picture is published 12 times a year.

Anonymous said...

I feel the EXACT SAME about my long hair chop job. Why hasn't it grown more in a year? I keep asking myself this. I am so bummed. I miss my mermaid hair.