8.07.2006

Adding Insult to Injury


I nearly fell out of bed last night. And not because of any enjoyable activity, either.

I need railings like you see on hospital beds, or what they put on children's beds when they first move out of the crib.

Maybe I need a crib?

The problem is the gimpy left leg. The pain was so bad last night that I couldn't find a comfortable position all night, so I kept tossing and turning. Around 2:30 am, in a half-asleep state, I didn't realize I was already at the edge of the bed, so I went to turn over one more time--in the wrong direction. The combination of my leg flopping off the bed and the sharp shooting pain up my thigh from that motion woke me right up.

I cursed at the bed, at my leg, and the damn comforter I was tangled in, and then started laughing. Because I'm 28 years old and apparently cannot sleep in a queen-size bed by myself lest I roll right out of it.

Think of the upside of having railings, though! Especially ones with restraints...

In the meantime, I'll just surround myself with pillows. Which don't come with restraints.

Unfortunately.

14 comments:

exile said...

so for a good night's sleep we need to get some ropes and some cuffs.

but i bet you'll still complain about the dehydration...

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Aw, Exile. I can always count on you for salacious commentary. I love your dirty mind.

Anonymous said...

You can borrow H's rails, I don't think she needs them anymore, she will be 3 next week, I think she has outgrown them. the twins still need the cribs though, I will let you know when they are done.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Are they the Cinderella ones? Because that would be awesome.

Though who knows if she will need them after she turns 3? I'm 28 and still do!

Captain Chipmunk said...

I should comment on what you wrote, but I just can't get past the Google ad that showed up on your blog:

Colon Cleansing for IBS
Relief from IBS, abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating & constipation

Anyway, I had to get married to keep myself from falling out of bed...try the railings first.

Jeen Yes said...

ex-- are you sure you're not suffering from a severe case of restless leg syndrome? really, i didn't know it was a syndrome until there was a medication for it, but sounds like you have it bad! also, may i suggest a rubberized floor covering to soften the blow on those inordinately clumsy nights? lastly, as chipmunk mentioned, you could always just find a man and make him sleep on the side of the bed away from the wall. then you'd both have to fall off in order for you to get hurt. btw, h-wood is single (you're welcome woody...you've just been pimped!)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Jean Yus, thanks for the concern. It's definitely not Restless Leg Syndrome (which I've seen the commercials for, so I believe you about its existence). It's Marathon Training Syndrome.

Also the only side of my bed up against the wall is the head, leaving both sides open. Which means I technically need TWO boys in bed with me.

Ooh. I like that idea.

DrinkJack said...

I will volunteer for bed duty. Always wanted to play with restraints :)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Ooh, yay! I love a man who can drive stick and handle his hard liquor. ;)

David N. Scott said...

My mom has restless leg syndrome. It actually gets better with exercise, she thinks...

This story was both funny and sad all at same time...

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

It's not sad at ALL if I get a threesome with two guys out of it. Hello!

Captain Chipmunk said...

How about two guys and a chipmunk...wait , sorry...that's just sick.

Jeen Yes said...

well, since it was techincally my suggestion, i think i get the first assignment of bed duty. sometimes my namesake intellect gets me good stuff.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I have no problem with chipmunks. Or rotating bunkmates. It is, after all, for safety's sake.