8.07.2006

Lack of Memories, circa 1996


I have an especially bad memory. How I managed to come away from college with a degree in dates when I can't even remember what the date is today is beyond me. And just goes to prove that 6 years spent in college at least taught me to be crafty! (Now you know why it took 6 years. I kept forgetting to graduate!)

I'm watching an episode of Made on MTV (unemployment has its privileges) where this girl does no laundry whatsoever. She's away at school and basically lives in filthy clothes. Which is gross, but then got me thinking about my own freshman year in college. And I cannot for the life of me remember doing laundry. Ever.

I know I must have because dirty clothes gross me out, and walking around in the snow meant I had a lot of dirty jeans that winter. Hence, the need to do laundry. But where and how? Totally lost to the ether.

It's a completely mundane detail and bears no significance on my life today. But it freaks me out that I might have lived in filth for 9 months. Eww!!! 18 year old me couldn't have done that!!

I lived on the 2nd floor of Warwick House in the Quad. If anyone knows what that means, please remind me what laundry day was like.


And just to prove to you how utterly stunted my memory is, my insurance company just called to tell me I paid them twice this month. There I go, throwing money away when I don't even have a job!

I'm mentally retarded in the brain.

9 comments:

Jeen Yes said...

just think, for halloween you could have unintentionally been a "smelly" pirate hooker. get it? "smelly?" haha. jeen has done lost his mind!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Eww, no!!!

You're horrid Jean Yus. Horrid!!

David N. Scott said...

Memory is overrated. I think. I forget.

Sandra said...

Was that you? The stinky girl?
Ewwwww....

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I was NOT the stinky girl! I was the cute girl from California with the curly hair who could chug beer like a frat boy and get us into concerts for free.

NOT THE STINKY GIRL, DAMMIT!

Sandra, you're just a meanie, aren't you?

Sandra said...

Nah, I'm just messin' wid ya head, girlfrien'.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Remind me what we were talking about...?

DrinkJack said...

Maybe your roommate did your laundry and you never realized?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

For unknown reasons, I can actually remember her name. It was Irene, and she was one of those super Christians.

I seriously doubt she touched my laundry with anything other than the odor of kimchee wafting through our room. Ick.