12.25.2006

Happy Holidays!


When I woke up this morning at my parents' house, after a night of much great Puerto Rican food, 14 glasses of red wine with the people I love, the title of our family's undefeated poker champion, and a shitload of really awesome gifts, it smelled like pine trees.

The Christmas tree has been there for about 3 weeks, the smell should have permeated the entire house. But somehow, it hadn't gotten into my nasal passages yet. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me lately, but I hadn't been feeling very much in tune with the season...maybe it's had something to do with the fact that it was 78 degrees yesterday in
the Valley, which is so damn queer and wrong! There's snow in the local mountains, but we're experiencing the strangest heat wave today. Yeah, it never gets winter cold in LA, but it shouldn't feel like spring right now either.

But when I smelled that scent this morning, I finally caught that damn Christmas spirit. Then I got to watch the kids shout exclamations of joy every time they opened a new present, ate Christmas cookies with coffee and eggnog, and now everything is okay.

Yes, I'm a little late getting with the program, but you know what they say: better late than pregnant!

So merry this and happy that to all y'all out in the Exoterica readership. Hope y'all have lovely days, regardless of how or what you celebrate.

1 comments:

BurgandySkies said...

Merry Christmas!

I used to be my family's undefeated poker champion, but David's trying to steal my title.

;)