12.26.2006

The Unproposal


"Are they going to get married?" he asked.

"Eventually, yeah of course," she answered

"Will they have a big wedding?"

"Probably not. I wouldn't guess they'd want that."

"Probably can't afford it."

"Oh, I'm sure my parents would help out," she replied.

"Yeah, but then that's a burden on your parents," he countered.

"Hmm. And then it cuts down on how much they can afford for mine," she mused playfully.

"You're not going to get married!" he exclaimed.

"Why not?" she asked.

"Because! You? Married?!" he asked incredulously.

"You asked me
to marry you, remember?" she chided.

"Yeah but...do you even want to get married?"

"Eh. I don't want to die alone," she joked.

"Man...marriage. I can't...that's just too grown up."

"Says the man moving in with his girlfriend," she teased.

"Yeah," he sighed. "You know, if the us from two years ago heard the us now, we'd be kicking our own asses."

"Hee. You're probably right."

5 comments:

DrinkJack said...

I have always like how life twists and turns, laughing that insane laugh while pointing directly into one's soul.

Whomever snags you will have their hands full :)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Since that's coming from you, Jack, I'm going to take it as a compliment.

Anonymous said...

ah, marriage. who needs it?


just get me that robot in A.I that looked like Jude Law.

Roonie said...

Single 'til we die, baby! First one to break is a rotten egg!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

You go on with your bad self, Roonie-licious. I like parties, and a wedding ain't nothing more than a HUGE party all for me AND the commitment to have sex whenever I demand it.

It's not a bad deal, yo.