12.26.2006

Grumble, Grumble


Today, I'm doing something I haven't done since I was an intern in college. In fact, I'm pretty sure that record company I was at closed down for the holidays too, so we're talking at least 6 years:

I'm working on the day after Xmas.

I know, I'm not the only one. Lots of you are in this same boat. But for years on end, I got this week off. To sleep. To dream. To fucking rest.

I don't get that this year. And I'm not very happy about it.

Yeah, I could have taken the meager 3 days worth of vacation that I've earned. But I'm saving those for the various trips I'm taking out of town next year. So, I will don a short wool skirt, black leather boots, and make my way to work today.

But I will pout. Because I can.

6 comments:

The littlest Princess said...

If I hadn't taken my vacation (because they don't let us save our vacation which was pointed out to me as something that is illegal, you work with lawyers check on that for me) I would have been working today too, which would have totally sucked because I would have been one of 3 people in the office today. Ick. I hope you weren't too bored without me sitting on line with you but I'm sure you will be fine the rest of the week.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

You're with a lawyer all week, check on it!

Anonymous said...

I was going to wish you a happy Boxing Day, but I bet you don't want to hear it.

Anonymous said...

skirt, boots, pout. deadly combination. i hope you didn't hurt anyone

Roonie said...

Don't worry. Some of us are on vacation and don't feel like they've rested one damn minute.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Woody Woodpecker: Boxing Day can kiss my ass if it ain't gonna get me out of working for The Man.

SJ: only with my hate rays. Otherwise, I behaved.

Roonie: that's cuz you're crazy, darling!