12.21.2006

What a Waste


I'm stuck at home today because of walking complications brought on by
this bullshit. When you drive a stick shift and have to sit in traffic for 45 minutes with your foot constantly on the clutch, you don't go to work when your legs are out of commission. Especially when it's two flights down to your car and you ain't got no elevator.

This totally sucks because I feel fine otherwise. I'm not sick. But I AM bored!! With a pain in my left hip. When did I suddenly become an 89 year old arthritic woman?!

There's stuff I could be doing since I am burning a sick day on this. Like
laundry. Or Christmas shopping. Instead, I've soaked in the tub and also gotten myself a Gmail account. So if you feel chatty, find me there.

Though I still like my AOL accounts...so for now, I'm a multi-portal user. Like an email whore, if you will.

Whatever. I'm bored. Play with me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you chatting IN the bathtub? Because that's the ultimate.

I saw that you're on Gmail. But I don't see you on my list for some reason. SEND ME A MENSAJE!

The littlest Princess said...

you dirty filthy e-mail whore!!!!!!! You know I love you.
I'm sure that there are better things to do always rather than burn sick days on sore legs.

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've got some remedy combos for you:

- crutches and smelling salts

- burly dog with leash and wheelchair

- homeless dude who knows how to drive stick and chaffeur hat?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

J, those are awesome ideas. But I'm leaning towards a single cane. That way I have a free hand AND also a weapon with which to beat people senseless.

Should the situation call for that, of course.

Anonymous said...

i got a bad pain in my hip driving pizzas while in a stick shift and found out that my pelvis was slightly rotated from using that side of my body so much while driving. fortunately i had a great chiropractor adjust me back to normal. but when i'm in traffic i give myself a nice cushion where possible and use downhills to my advantage :) i couldn't imagine driving anything but a stick, even with crappy traffic all around....

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Yes, a stick is the ONLY way to go. Every time I'm behind the wheel of a pussy car, even one with a bigger balls than mine, I still feel like I'm missing something.

And that something is complete control over my engine.

Also, my chiropractor is a great help...I just have to stay away from bullshit "Hi/Lo" aerobics! Running marathons is really all the exercise I think I need.

David N. Scott said...

Try an Epsom Salt bath. That usually helps me when I go too long or lift something too heavy.

Though I guess you're stuck at home so that doesn't help.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I did that! I put a whole damn box of Epsom salts in the tub and sat in it for 15 minutes. It barely helped.

DrinkJack said...

I am not a chatty type and I am a day late. Hope you are feeling better :)