11.17.2006

Photoblogging Friday 11.17


Welcome to my new weekly feature, in which I post a picture I took at some point over the last 11 years of my career.* Because I'm too braindead these days to come up with funny shit for you to read. And I don't want you to think I don't love you.

So here goes:


Northbound on Figueroa St at Wilshire Blvd, downtown Los Angeles.

This is what I’m greeted with every morning on my way in: the sun glaring off the Sanwa Bank Building on the corner of 6th and Fig. At this point I’m less than 5 minutes from my office, so the sun makes use of its last chance to blind me with its rays.

As you can see, it was so intense, it burned a black hole through my phone’s camera lens.


*Hey, I didn't say they'd be GOOD pictures.

7 comments:

David N. Scott said...

Ow. I hope you have some sunglasses...

Will said...

There's a meteor coming at you!

Cowboy said...

Man, what's it like to live in LA? That's crazy. I couldn't imagine living somewhere so familiar and foreign to everyone.

Anonymous said...

sort of like stonehenge.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Living in LA is no different than living anywhere else. Assholes, psychos, angry drivers, foreigners, normal people and shallow people exist in every major city I've ever visited.

It's only the color of the working class that changes from region to region.

DrinkJack said...

Looks like a Apply symbol in the glare. Maybe it is the new iBuilding everyone is talking about.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

God, I hope not.