11.20.2006

Weekends in the Life of a Social Butterfly


First it was a rave followed by movie madness. While the popcorn cooked, they banged on their drums and swung their little bodies to the cacophony as I waved a flashlight over their heads. Then we watched The Little Mermaid and laughed and sang along with all the songs.

It was the best rave/movie night ever.

This last time, we played dominos with the Disney Princesses, colored in a book, and threw a baby football around the living room. Then we jumped on the beds and pretended to sleep, giggling the whole time. When I finally got up to leave, the little girl scrambled over to her brother's bed to snuggle with him and his teddy bear, and asked me if I had to take a freeway to get home.

Ghetto Photo Girl: Yeah, I do. In fact, I have to take three.

Little Girl: Wow, that's far!

GPG: Yeah, huh?

LG: Yeah. How come you drive so far?

GPG: Because I love you.

LG: I love you, too!

Precious.

Those are some of the best Saturday nights of my life.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked that :)

Anonymous said...

Me too. Tiny people are way cute.

The littlest Princess said...

Aww how adorable. It's kind like how I feel after spending a weekend with The KM and her little ones. Love the kiddies they're great.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Yeah, I don't want any. But I'm really glad my brother had a couple.

Anonymous said...

I love the word "cacophony." Little kids are great just as long as you can give them back.

Anonymous said...

aw, thanks princess!

Cowboy said...

Yes, I prefer 'raves' that involve kids, not pathetic 30 year olds trying to re-capture their lost youth, thrusting their pelvi on the dance floor, on bad E.

Kids rule supreme.

David N. Scott said...

:) Cute!

DrinkJack said...

Just too damn cute.