10.22.2006

A Weekend Away


As you know, I had to shoot me some whores up San Francisco way this weekend. And all the wackiness that ensued can be broken down into two categories. In list form:

Odd, Outrageous, or Just Plain Wrong Occurances:


  • Heavy fog...that started when I pulled into the LAX area and lifted the moment I stepped on the plane
  • Being lectured by a TSA agent for not removing my plastic baggie from my suitcase before entering the security check point
  • Slicing the tip of my pinkie with a plastic knife while trying to cut open a blueberry bagel (I don't even like blueberry bagels, but Starbucks doesn't care)
  • Pete Carroll standing in front of me at the car rental place
  • Not stabbing him
  • Getting into my rental vehicle and having it reek of marijuana
  • Finding myself shooting at a nude beach
  • A naked man asking me to take pictures of him
  • A fire breaking out in the building next to C-Dub's house
  • Falling asleep after only one martini
  • Being delayed out of Oakland, putting me back in LA too late for dinner with mom
  • Being told I have "a great face" by the guy sitting next to me on the plane

Funny, Pleasant, and Just Plain Nice Occurances:

  • Chatting with a band at the airport
  • Spending time with my lovely C-Dub and her fiance
  • Stealing the her soul while she frolicked in the cold San Francisco Bay among the naked onlookers
  • Their Kitty (yeah, that's her name) head-butting me while I was sleeping
  • Dreaming of buying shoes, then going out to buy shoes
  • Meeting the witty and attractive man behind Drink More Jack, who has blue eyes that aren't scary and all-around good taste (he passes the tests)
  • Back in LA, hearing H. Wood's college-era pick up lines about being an astronaut, or a congressman who just passed a bill protecting orphaned monkeys
  • Alcohol, with all the above-mentioned people (not the naked ones)

10 comments:

David N. Scott said...

Stealing the her soul while she frolicked in the cold San Francisco Bay among the naked onlookers

You stole her soul?

exile said...

atleast the guy on the plane didn't say "you have a great face, but..."

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Another pleasantry from the weekend was the Raiders winning. I was on a plane with some happy Raiders fans. Which is much preferable to unhappy Raiders fans. Who are known to riot and clobber one another like some no-good soccer fans.

Will said...

That jerk Pete Caroll, a coach shouldn't have his own web site.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

DNS: some people believe that if you take their picture, you steal their soul. I like that line of thinking.

Exile: you got something to say?

Will: exactly.

David N. Scott said...

Ahhh. Makes sense. You have an extra 'the' in there, by the by.

Stealing the her soul

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

That's because I'm retarded, David. Duh.

C-Dub said...

So if cat's have 9 lives... how many souls do I have?

I'm just asking since you've stolen like 600+ stoles of mine over the year...

DrinkJack said...

You thought I was attractive and witty? Damn nice to meet you :)

Souls can be regenerated with a good stiff drink.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

C-dub: Oh, I own it babe. All of it!

Jack: I did, and do, and thank you.