10.23.2006

Frustration, Inc (Part 2)


I'm once again borrowing Soul Asylum lyrics because I'm having a fit. Over the weekend, I found a beautiful pair of red Kenneth Cole shoes. I have been dying for a pair of red shoes, which are very popular this season because red is my favorite color and therefore it is everywhere. The thing is that I've never had the balls to actually purchase a pair.

Until I saw these:


They were hiding in a random boutique around the corner from C-Dub's house: the perfect heel, the most splendid shade of crimson, with a cute peek-a-boo toe and interesting leather design. Basically, everything I've wanted. They just didn't have my size. (Painful hit number one).

I spent the afternoon searching for them all over the internets, only to find them in black or tan. I need another pair of black shoes like I need another hole in my head. But they were only $50, so it felt promising.

Finally, I found them over at Solestruck.com. For $100. (Painful hit number two.)

I can't justify the expense. God knows I've paid a hell of a lot more for hell of a lot less in the past, but I'm trying to be a responsible adult and I know I won't get enough use out of them for that much money. Which will probably go to waste on some other impulse purchase anyway.

L'sigh. Part of me wants to say fuck it and tell myself that I deserve it. But the "I just ran a half-marathon" excuse ran out of steam yesterday after I had French fries for the third time in one day.

The upside is that Solestruck.com offers free shipping, no tax, and one year to return them if I end up not loving them after all. It's so fucking tempting.

What to do, what to do?

I'll probably end up buying them anyway. Fuck it, right?

Because every girl deserves a pair of red shoes!

***Update 10.24.06 @ 2:05 pm***

A teensy fortune fell into my lap this morning, making this dilemma disappear. So I went shopping on my lunch break and came back with three pairs of shoes. And these on order.

I love it when I get what I want. And more.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every girl does indeed deserve a pair of red shoes. (Or pink; mine are pink.)
You deserve these shoes for being an all-round top girl, and also you could hide spy stuff in the heels.

Anonymous said...

oooohhhhh Pretty!!!!!!

buy them buy them because if you don't you won't stop thinking about them!
those are kick ass shoes!

besides you can really change the tone of the shoe by what you are wearing or adding or taking away accessories, good for work or pleasure!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I knew my girls would absolutely encourage me to get them. The guys will have nothing to say on the issue, since they rarely have--much less comprehend--this dilemma.

Yeah, I think I'm going to do it.
I look pretty damn good in red.

SkookumJoe said...

I once saw these darling work boots...steel toe and shank, acid and oil resistant, rawhide laces and pretty stitching. But then this guy at work got them first and he knew I liked them so I started crying and...

no, you're right, I don't have an opinion.

The littlest Princess said...

I offered to take you To Vegas to find them but then I thought about it, by the time we spent the $$ on gas, and food and a hotel, the shoes on line will have been cheaper. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Keep searching. You'll find a better pair.

DrinkJack said...

Can't you just use the "cute" justification?

Vivalacrap said...

LUCKY! I bought a pair of red heels today for $100 and then had to hide them in my closet so my husband didn't find them and kill me!

Anonymous said...

A teensy fortune? How opportune!

David N. Scott said...

Wahoo! Convenient money rules!

BurgandySkies said...

Ah! Red shoes are in? I have, like, 3 pairs of red heels, but nothing to go with them!