10.05.2006

Breaking Up in the O.C.


This is the best break-up ever caught on tape, grading purely on the vapidity of the people involved. From the last episode of Laguna Beach, the background is that she's a 16 year old whore, he's 20 with the maturity of a pet rock, and his sister Nikki told him she saw the girl hook up with another guy (which was probably also caught on tape. Mulitiple times.).

Surfer kids of privilege are so sad (edited for length to keep your brain from exploding from the really bad dialogue):

Totally Indifferent Boy: Why are you in such a bad mood?

Shallow, Bratty Girl: I was just sitting here thinking. You really bummed me out at the [Valentine's Day] party.

B: Well it's not my fault.

G: Who's fault it is?

B: I don't know, your fault.

G: What do you want me to do?

B: You come over here with an attitude, like--

G: I don't have an attitude Tyler! And I'm sorry that this weekend went to shit between you and I. What the fuck did I do?

B: I just don't dig your attitude, it's like...

G: How am I giving you attitude?

B: It's just that you lie. Like, if you want to--

G: Tyler, I told you--

B: No, you flat out lied! No, don't even.

G: Like, you didn't even give me a chance to explain.

B: Yeah because then I find out that you lied to me, it's, like, you know, what?

G: Yeah, but Tyler you have to understand--

B: No, I'm not giving you the time of day.

G: ...

B: I'm not going to argue about it. It's just, like, what I think.

G: How? What've I said, what've I done to piss you off?

B: I'm basically done talking to you because you're annoying.

G: *crestfallen and flabbergasted, pouts*

B: Okay, so do you have anything more to say, because I don't.

G: Do I go, do you want me to leave?

B: Uhhh, I don't know, kinda.

G: *mouth open, stares*

B: Is there a problem with that?

G: Okay, so we're done?

B: Uhh, yeah. Okay.

And then Blue October's Hate Me comes up in the background.

It's so bad, it's almost good. But not quite...why do I watch this shit? I think it's actually rotting my brain!

7 comments:

exile said...

rotting your brain?

that was so bad i feel a little stupider just reading the review

(oh sweet fuck, i just used the word stupider, noooooo....)

Anonymous said...

don't you think she and her ugly friend with the big boobs are two of the biggest bitches we have ever seen on that show! I think they are both bitter because they are both so fucking UGLY and stupid!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

What bums me out, other than being 28 and watching a shitty reality show about over-privileged teenagers, is that this season is SO much worse than last season. Seriously, this year they're just so devoid of personality I don't understand why or how they're on the air (and why I'm still watching).

And you're right, KM, they're exceptionally unattractive. At least the Kristins and Laurens were pretty.

Fucking hell, I know way too much about this show. I'm sad. Hee!

DrinkJack said...

Maybe you should have turned off the volume and then done the conversation for them. Sometimes going off script is fun. MST3000!!

David N. Scott said...

Wow, it's like real life. Except they're getting fmaous and lots of people are watching them.

BurgandySkies said...

I think the fight between the Carters was even better.

This sounds like my breakup with my first real boyfriend.

Teenagers are bad at expressing themselves.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Jack: I'd invite you over to sit on my massive couch to do just that, but I don't have enough bourbon right now.

DNS: the joke is on them. Which is funny because they're tragically unaware.

BS: Give the teenagers some credit. These kids are just plain stupid. Though the House of Carter will become the subject of a different post in the near future.