10.18.2006

Frustration, Inc.


Someone who is good with traffic patterns and social anthropology please explain to me why my 12-mile commute from West LA to downtown takes an achingly slow 45 minutes in each direction. But when traveling the 12 miles from downtown to my parents' house (in rush hour traffic, no less) in a more northerly direction, it took a mere 20 minutes.

This ain't right. And clearly means that the westside is criminally overcrowded and them greedy developers should stop building all those ridiculous condos to entice people to continue to encroach on what precious little space we have left.

Doesn't Orange County still have open plots of land they can go screw up instead? Leave us alone already!!

6 comments:

Kilroy_60 said...

Urban sprawl is the American way. Unfortunately, it's not necessary for people to be intelligent to drive.






Time is running out on my Commentathon. Perhaps you'll come and explore a bit?

The littlest Princess said...

I feel your pain. I really really do. There is no reason for me to have to spend the rediculous amount of time in the car that I do. 21.7 miles and in the morning it takes me an hour to an hour and 15 min. In the evening it can take anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours depending on how slow everyone is moving. I fucking hate traffic. I can't wait until I'm closer to work

exile said...

hey doll face, i live in the last remnants of "open land" anywhere near orange county and you've seen what it's like

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Commuting sucks, plain and simple. I want a heliocopter.

Exile: I think your area would benefit from unchecked urban sprawl, don't you? The value of your house would increase, then you could sell it for a nice chunk of change and move back to civilization.

Anonymous said...

There's always room out in the valley...the Antelope valley that is. You get used to the Desert Rats after a while.

David N. Scott said...

No, we're pretty damn low on open plots of land, actually. Just buildings.