10.25.2006

I'm Doing It Again


To practice for the LA Marathon in March, I'm running the City of Angels Half Marathon in December. It's the inaugural race to celebrate the city's 225th anniversary, which is kind of cool. Only 5,000 particpants and only 3 hours before they start opening the streets.

I'm aiming to finish in 2h:45m. Which will be a full 35 minutes faster than my last one. The Princess has agreed to feed me at mile 9, and will not allow me to sit and chat, lest I lose time. She's such a good friend.

My mother's reaction was a little different:

GPG: Are you guys back in town December 3rd?

Mom: Yes, why? What's on that day?

GPG: I'm doing another half.

Mom: But that's only about a month away! Mija, are you sure?

GPG: Mom, I just did one two weeks ago.

Mom: Oh yeah, that's right.

I love my mom. That said, I now have to run 10 miles on Sunday. And after two weeks off, it might sting a little.

Sometimes I wonder who brainwashed me into thinking this was fun. And I wonder if they can make me believe that Swiss cheese doesn't taste like asshole.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you're inspirational! I need to be more like you!

David N. Scott said...

But swiss cheese is just sort of bland with a bit of bite and asshole....

...y'know, nevermind.

Hey, good luck with the marathon! Hoorah for doign chairty work!

BurgandySkies said...

Another marathon!?

That wears me out just thinking about it.

BTW - I think mija is the best nickname ever...that's what my mom calls me when she's feeling affectionate.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Lets be clear: I'm doing this for purely selfish reasons, there will be no charity fundraising this time around. It was much too difficult the first time!

Roonie: I invite you to come run with me! Really, it's not that hard.

DNS: Swiss cheese is just yuck.

BS: Yeah, I used to be the princess, but now with a G-brat in the family, I'm Princess 1B (she insists on being 1A). Kids!

David N. Scott said...

I like all cheese, but swiss really doesn't bring much to the table. It goes okay in a bland type sandwich.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Only if you want your sandwich to taste like asshole!

Will said...

I thought it was asshole that tasted like swiss cheese, maybe it's the hole that causes this.

DrinkJack said...

Purely selfish reasons???? Like a great ass?

Just kidding, I know it is for the cardio and fries.

The littlest Princess said...

Yup I'm going to be mile 9 and I'm going to get up at the ass crack of dawn, and I'm going to make sure I have your power bars, and oranges and whatever else you want me to carry around with me and I'll be standing there waiting with a smile on my face and foot to kick you in the ass with when you start to lag :) Then I will hop in my car and hurry my happy little ass down to the finish line so that I can be there for you when you cross it again. I love you!!!!!!!!!!

David N. Scott said...

Wow, that is> selfish. All my youthful delusions about you are shattered. Sniff.

Anonymous said...

Is it asshole, or really, totally, fungal feet?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Totally selfish. So I can work on my ass and eat french fries all the time.

Jack knows me all too well. Nice to know you weren't checking out my tits.

The cheese is actually made from cow asshole, so Will is correct.

But also probably fungal feet. So Sandra, you might have a point. Being a doctor and all.

David N. Scott said...

You're going to make your feet into cheese? I think all of the oxygen deprivation is going to your head. ;)

Anonymous said...

hey if I can I will try to be there with the princess, if she doesn't mind me tagging along, I just have to check with the KD

Anonymous said...

I used to run, such a long time ago, for fun. Now I'm finding anything related to running (even running errands) to be unenjoyable.