10.20.2006

Got Doppelgänger?


Apparently I, and a few of my kiddies, do.

It started last weekend when I heard my niece and nephew ran into me at the mall. Except it wasn't me. They were confused as to why this girl they were convinced was their auntie was not overjoyed and smothering them with kisses upon seeing them in public (per usual). Their nanny actually brought them over to this mystery woman to prove to them she was just a poor substitute. The girl said she'd heard about me, and it wasn't the first time she'd been mistaken for me.

I still have no idea who this girl is. But I wonder why the hell she isn't doing her part to keep me sane. Bitch.

Then today, minding the lawyers while the Chairman of the SEC was giving a groundbreaking keynote speech, I ran into who I thought was Sanction's drummer. Except, he's not an attorney. But there he was, in a grey suit. Except it wasn't him. It was his Grey-suited Lawyerly Look-a-like.

Scary.

Again, minding my own business and standing in a large hall at the Biltmore, brown-haired Will came up to me and asked where he could buy dental floss. Suffering from lack of sleep and OD'd on hotel food, I dumbly stared at the man who could be The Boy, if only he were blond. I'm still convinced he dyed his hair as a result of his anger at Jesus for the Mets losing, happened to be in the my hotel for no reason whatsoever, and asked the one person he recognized for assistance.

Sweetie, please stop stalking me.

I desperately need sleep. Maybe then I'll stop seeing things.

But if anyone finds that chick who could be me but isn't, please bring her to me right quick. She and I are gonna have words. Then she's picking up the slack.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok my first reaction was oooh wierd but the more I think about it... oh no there are two of you out there! Haha
but on third thought because I don't want to get cut...lets get rid of the poser bitch after all there really is only one you and nobody else can compare! love ya

Will said...

Tell my doppleganger I applaud his dental hygene.

SkookumJoe said...

how do you tell who is the evil twin?

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should also clone ourselves as part of the Baboon Army, so that we could work on the army and the clones could do our day-jobs.

The littlest Princess said...

I can say that I've had a lot of people say that they've seen my twin out there, but I've yet to see her and it's always in another country or state so that doesn't help me one fucking bit, but on the other hand it would be quite scary if there were 2 of you, But at least then you could still train and get coffee at the same time.
Love YOU

DrinkJack said...

There's more than one of you? Holy fuck :)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Holy fuck is correct.

KM & Princess: I love you both too. Very much.

Will: you can tell him yourself. Just look in the mirror.

H. Wood: is your evil twin the astronaut or the congressman?

SJ: in Woody's case, he's claiming to be either an astronaut or a congressman passing a bill about orphan monkeys.

Sandra: since you're a doctor, I suggest you get started on that asap. There is much work!!

Jack: Twice the cute!

David N. Scott said...

Their nanny actually brought them over to this mystery woman to prove to them she was just a poor substitute. The girl said she'd heard about me, and it wasn't the first time she'd been mistaken for me.

Man, that would disturb the hell out of me. Especially if she (well, he) knew me and I didn't know her (him).

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

It is extremely disturbing, especially since I've heard about her before...just didn't believe it until now.

Creepy.