4.29.2007

I Love Presents

At long last, the invites have gone out and now it's just a mere few days until the best day of the year: May 10th. The best thing about birthdays? Aside from the royal treatment, that is? Gifts!!

I am very lucky to have friends who a) listen to me, and b) have really good taste. They know what I like and they get me what I want. Also, they read these warnings and are afraid of being cast into GPG Jail.

I'd rather be loved that feared, but fear is good too.

Okay, I kid. Presents aren't imperative. But they're really great to get!

Some things I've received over the years I've truly treasured. Not necessarily for the object itself, but more for what they represented: an inside joke, affection for my latent tomboy predilictions, encouragement of my beloved vices, or just plain proof that my friends read my blogs.

In no particular order, here were my favorites:

- black Louisville slugger, kids size (24th birthday, from a guy who proposed)
- red lollipop (same birthday, from a certain man who I love)
- Lite Brite (Xmas 2005, from Krazy Mommy)
- 20D (Xmas 2004, from Dad)
- iPod nano (28th birthday, from the family)
- a tequila obsession (28th birthday, from a cat burglar)
- completely drunken happy birthday sung to my voicemail by my own private rock star (23rd birthday, a certain man again)
- poker set (Xmas 2005, from Dad in an engraved case)
- Scrabble deluxe edition (Xmas 2002, the Scrabble partner)
- a jar of maraschino cherries (2001 housewarming gift, the new roommate)
- an "I love you" from the stage, in the middle of a live show (2003, the pretend boyfriend)

Nobody has given me that Greek manservant yet, but I remain optimistic. And I know for a fact that a I'm in for the long sought-after vintage Etch-a-Sketch this year, so that's much to look forward to.

It's going to be a fabulous birthday. I can just feel it.


Confidential to someone who deserves a good spanking: Happy birthday, my cheeky monkey! Did you bring me a t-shirt from Coachella?

1 comments:

DrinkJack said...

Must not be on the invite list :(

Enjoy like no other!