4.16.2007

Overheard at Staples Center

As the Clippers wind down their increasingly disappointing season (still love them!), here are some excerpts of conversations overheard behind the basket.

Corey Maggette misses a key shot.
GPG: Dammit! Okay, he's on your team.
Princess: Ooh, I thought I was going to have to fight for that one.
GPG: He's hot. Incredible arms. But you can have him.
Princess: Just remember no taksey-backsies!

(It's a legal term.)

***

I spot a woman wearing the latest in Aunt Jemima hair accessories.
GPG: Oh damn, I left my green doo-rag at home! Now I'm completely underdressed.
Princess: Oh fuck me running! That's why I love you!

***

The ref calls traveling.
GPG: Traveling? Seriously?
Princess: No he didn't!
GPG: Who does that anymore? It's like getting the chicken pox at 29. It doesn't happen!!

(Okay, it does. And one of my clients just got it at 45. But I was trying to make a point. Traveling? REALLY?)

Then there was the cheerleader who kept getting thrown up in the air. You don't realize till you're sitting right next to it just how high up they get. I wondered out loud if she got frequent flyer points. The Princess laughed. It was funny.

The male cheerleaders were on my team. Because I was in the mood for excessively well-built, so-hot-they're-almost-too-pretty type of men. Then we went up to the bar and the excessively well-built bartender took care of us.

It was a good night. Even if they did lose.

6 comments:

Jeen Yes said...

traveling in the NBA is a myth. i don't believe you. you fabricate stories to make yourself look good. i don't believe you!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I love that you're pitching a fit to further illustrate my point.

Very well done.

The littlest Princess said...

I love that when we go up to "the bar" that the well built man behind the bar is a ninja. Even though we're pirates and are way better than ninjas, ninjas make good drinks.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Can you believe I forgot he was a ninja? Even though we just met his ninjette? Damn, I suck.

Ninjas do make great drinks.

Anonymous said...

Cheerleaders and their stunts never cease to amaze me. And I was one for five years.

Cowboy said...

Male cheerleaders are, well, different kinds of dudes. Seriously. Give me a G. Give me an A ...