4.08.2007

I Still Haven't Finished My Taxes

Fucking IRS. Fucking itemizing.

I took a break last night to watch the Clippers give it up in the last quarter to Denver. Fucking Denver.

I have never sat down on the floor at Staples Center. I usually manage to score a seat in a skybox, high above the action. Where the alcohol is free and the chocolate cake gives me hives just by standing too close to it. No joke, it's that potent.

But the Princess got us tickets down low, and I love me some basketball, so off we went. We rode the choo-choo, despite the fact that I have free parking just 10 blocks away. But walking 10 blocks in downtown Los Angeles, at night, is like asking to be ass-raped with a cactus. So we took the subway.

It's very clean, the LA subway system. Strange.

So down there we are, enjoying the fact that you can almost smell the sweat coming off the big, hot, black men on the court. We banged our noisemakers. We made friends with the surrounding Clipper Nation. I drooled over the older white guy in our row who looked vaguely familiar. We played several rounds of "My Team, Your Team."

Every single Clippers game I've ever been to has ended in victory. For us. Every. Single. Game. What was different about this time? I was down on the floor? I was with a girl? I wasn't drinking?

And we lost. Fucking hell.

That's the last time I do that. Next time, I'm drinking!

7 comments:

Jeen Yes said...

turbotax can do it all. as for the clips, you're complaining they lost to the rich creamies (nougats)? remember, the clippers are, well, the clippers! hahah. fucking denver, indeed!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Turbo tax isn't going to figure out what my mileage was when I had a photo shoot 66 miles away on a random weekend in March.

The Clips are awesome. You shut up.

Cowboy said...

There's no such thing as a sober Clippers fan. You've got to be drunk to go for that team, takes the hurt away.

Jeen Yes said...

if your photo shoot was 66 miles away on a random weekend in march, wouldn't your mileage be, uh, 66 miles (@ $.285/mile)?

and at least you're not a lakers fan. they're obnoxious.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

JY, that still doesn't give me my exact odometer readings. But now that it's almost all figured out, it's time to get ready for the Family Easter Dinner.

Mileage will be 52 miles for the photos that will be taken later this afternoon.

The littlest Princess said...

I'm sorry that all the factors were not in place for the Clippers to win but I think it was probably because you were with me. I made the Angels Lose yesterday too, and I'll probably make the dodgers lose tomorrow and Friday so we shall see.

Anonymous said...

I love the subway! Long live the LA Metro!