2.28.2008

The Single Life

Pulling off that "wedding" today was the highlight of my week. Mostly because of the federal cops I had crawling all over the place.

I adore men who get to carry guns for a living. I don't know what the attraction is. It's not necessarily the uniforms. My guys are in plain clothes. But there is one in particular who makes me all weak in the knees.



I don't remember when we first met, but his team has provided security detail for at least 3 of my events over the past year. During one, I heard he likes tequila.


This is a match made in heaven.


But I missed a crucial opportunity today just as the event was winding down. We were chatting about something inconsequential, but I sensed he didn't want to leave just yet. Then the company president came over to ask me a question and I got distracted. When I turned back 2 minutes later, it was to his outstretched hand bidding me adieu.


Or adios, seeing as he is Hispanic. Dammit. I could have asked him to join me for a drink later, but work got in the way.


I'll see him again at the next wedding-sized event. But that's not for another 3 months. It's time to make this happen already.

2 comments:

LB said...

GO GET 'EM!!!!

DrinkJack said...

3 months? Too long. A contender may enter the picture. Call him for this weekend :P Maybe a "post event" discussion is in order.