2.11.2008

On the Run Again

It's been an entire year since I ran a marathon. After that, I never wanted to run again in my life. I tried overcoming that by mentoring a group of newbies during the summer, but even that couldn't break me out of my anti-running stance.

Then today I learned that I served as an example for some of my coworkers. Two of them ran a race yesterday and they told me today that I had inspired them to do it. Now they want me to run a 10k with them in April. Eek.


I'm a little hesitant to do 6.2 miles in just two months. I mean, it's totally doable, but still seems like a forever distance. So I'm thinking I'll just do the 5k instead. 3.1 miles is much more digestable. Especially since there are a lot of hills involved. And hills will kick your ass.

Now I just have to convince myself to train for this...but how do you overcome gross laziness?

This might not be so easy.

3 comments:

LB said...

I overcome laziness by sitting on the couch and drinking a beer...oh wait...

Good luck...I surely couldn't do it...I'm not looking forward to the May Heart walk up here...and it's a WALK!

DrinkJack said...

Didn't running make your ass look outstanding?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

LB: I might just walk the entire 5k. No one is forcing me to run!

Woody: If masochism works for you...

Jack: I was wearing baggy jeans when we met. How could you tell what my ass looked like?