2.20.2008

Overheard in the Family #11

One of my many qualms about moving back to the suburbs was how accessible everything is. You don't have to go anywhere to get what you need because it's all within reach. Forget that I used to drive a total of 50 miles nearly every weekend to visit the family. Now, the next town seems like an eternity away.

Seriously, it only took a week before a 5-mile drive to the city limit seemed too far to go.

Another fear was that I was going to regress to the kid I was in high school. I haven't really lived here since I left for college. Well, it's actually become worse than that. This was over chocolate milk and cookies at my parents' house:

GPG: Mmm, I love chocolate milk!


G-brat: Me too!

GPG: It's like I'm five years old again. Can you believe that, G-brat? I'm only five!

G-brat: I'm six.

GPG: That means you're older than me. Can you teach me anything?

G-brat: Yup! Lapis means pencil in Spanish.

GPG: Wow, I learned something new!

Later she guessed that I'm really thirty. I told her to stop making me older than I really am.

1 comments:

LB said...

mmmm....cookies.