2.25.2008

The Upside of Downsizing

We restructured my department today. It's been a full two months of planning for all sorts of contingencies, strategies, and all the eventualities that come with a reorganization--on top of doing my actual job. The fun part was creating the org chart.

I didn't get to do that part.

I did, however, find out that one of our support staffers is scared of me. I was both surprised and, oddly enough, flattered. He has very little reason to be afraid of me. It's just that he hasn't worked for me for very long, and I've heard I can be intimidating. And this is why he delivers everything I ask of him in a very timely and efficient manner.

Hey, if that's what it takes to get people to do their jobs, I'm all for it. It's not like I'm purposely terrorizing anyone. I'm just being myself. And most people like me as is.

I'm actually very nice to him. I just treat him like an equal instead of patronizing him, which everyone else does. And I don't think he's used to that.

It's an interesting new world. I'm still cracking up that someone finds me scary.

That's just too good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are Scary. Why do you think I have been your best friend for 25 years? I have been afraid to leave!!


and.....Is your worker white? cuz that would explain a lot too.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:p)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

He's Mexican. Why you gotta be racist?

Hey, 10 days till Mexico!!!

Cowboy said...

Fear is a good motivator. It works for the Gods.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Ooh, maybe I should aim to be one of them instead of just a middle-manager.

Mumblemumble said...

First of all, I'm all about you being a God. lol, that would be sweet, unless you'd use your magic powers to do mean things to me... then that would be bad. Like turing me into a frog or something. Hey wait.. maybe that's a witch I'm thinking of... I always get those two mixed up. But hey, you'd make a pretty kick-assed witch to!

And you probably are scary to him. In a do-me-mommy kinda way!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

C-dub, you can worship me anytime.

LB said...

my roommate that just moved out, the one that screwed me over most recently...told my friend that she thought I was going to kick her ass, that's why she moved out so quickly. I told her "I wouldn't have kicked her ass but I know someone who would have cut her"

BTW my word verifications are getting longer and longer...and smaller print every time! WTF!