8.15.2007

Who's the Boss?

Today the carrot that has been dangling over my head for the last five months finally fell into my lap. The offer was made and I accepted. The promotion is official, and starting in a couple of weeks, I get a real office and a hefty raise.

For the record, this is even better than soda in a mobile container.

Seems like just yesterday I was the new girl. Now, I'm the one in charge.

And it only took 10 months and 15 days. So much for being the benchmark. I'm the fucking gold standard. The poster girl for kicking ass and taking names.

Go me!

***

In other news, happy birthday to two kids. Who between them have 36 years. And both had piƱatas at their parties.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH YAY! Congrats! Send me an email with more details, please! I'm dying to know and I'm so proud of you!

The littlest Princess said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love the GPG and we shall go out next week to celebrate.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Thanks guys!

I'm retarded, and this is yet more evidence of why I shouldn't blog after drinking. It's been 10 months and 28 days. Not merely 15. Whatever.

I'm off to enjoy the perks of management. Which means putting out fires and navigating political landmines. Woo hoo.

David N. Scott said...

Congrats GPG!!!

I've been on a while but msotly lurking through google reader.

Congrats again!!

We finish our degrees next month and maybe I'll do somethin' similar.

Anonymous said...

Go, go, go, GPG! Fantastic news. Delighted for you.

neil said...

congrats on the promotion gpg.

Jeen Yes said...

congrats. so, gpg, what would you say...ya do here? (thx, wood, for bringing in an office space reference)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Thanks, everyone.

Avatar said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Yay, new job!

Cowboy said...

Way to go! Mo' money, and you still crank out excellent posts on a regular basis.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I live to please you, J.

Thanks, Av.