8.23.2007

Overheard at Roy's

Next Friday is my boss' last day in the office. Her departure, coupled with the fact that our newly promoted director is about to disappear on maternity leave, is what opened the door to my promotion. I'm not unhappy about that, but I am going to miss her like crazy.

We call her the HBIC: head bitch in charge. She loves it, because she's fucking nuts in the same way I am. Her husband has the same name as my man. We're both bloody type-A personalities with a horrible propensity for using FUCK all too often, who work waaaaaaaay too hard and long and drink a lot to make up for it. So it was no surprise when she demanded a mai tai upon walking in the door of downtown's upscale Hawaiian eatery. Once we sat down, she talked about her wishes for us once she's gone:

HBIC: And GPG, you get the F-torch.

GPG: Is this an actual passing of the torch ceremony?

HBIC: Yes. *pretends to pass me a torch*

GPG: Woo hoo, she just gave me free license to cuss all day long!

HBIC: Might as well start now: fuck!

GPG: Hell yeah!

HBIC: Make sure to wave your arms around a lot. That way you get the full crazy person effect.

It was a great afternoon. I started with a bourbon martini at noon and didn't stop till 3:30. Then we went back to work. Totally sauced. And then I met my brother for a drink at 6:45 and didn't leave the bar till 11:30.

I love being a drunk.

6 comments:

LB said...

when you were describing yourself and your boss, I swear you were describing me as well!!!
FUCK!
I'm glad you got the F-Torch! That's fucking awesome!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Fuck yeah!!

David N. Scott said...

Awesome!!!

Sounds like your trans will go much better than mine did.

GOod job, GPG!@

Cowboy said...

But when did Miranda and Charolette join you?

You've got one hell of a life. Congrats on securing the F-torch. Be sure to burn lots of delivery boys and photocopy bitches.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Thanks, David.

You know what, Jay? I get that a lot. I guess because I get treated to a lot of lunches and dinners at nice places, people think I have a great job/life. Is that really what people consider "great"? I work pretty fucking hard, so it's more like "damn well-deserved."

DrinkJack said...

Nothing better than getting drunk AND paid to boot. Unless those drinks are free. You can be my boss anytime :)