8.08.2007

It's All in the Timing

A few months ago, we had a disagreement. It was the first time in over 6 years that I had ever heard him be so negative. A little mean, even.

It affected me quite poorly. I didn't know this person. And I didn't like what he had to say. I promised myself I wouldn't let him get to me, even if it meant not talking for a while.

And it was quite a while before we spoke again.


Then right when life suddenly took a turn for the crap heap, there he was. Back to being his old positive self. Calling to find out if I was okay.


I wasn't. But it was nice to know I could still count on him to be there. It's like he knew right when I needed to hear from him.


And that's love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best part of going out of town is that I have a week's worth of reading to catch up with on your blog.

Sorry my comment wasn't topical...

LB said...

THAT'S LOVE!!!!!!!!!!