3.13.2007

Adding to the Male Population

My baby brother announced today that they are having a little boy.

My niece is not very happy. She wanted a girl. But she's only 5, so she'll get over it.

My father, I assume, is ecstatic. Another boy to carry on the family name and all.

The child will be given the name of kings, especially Russian ones. With an Indian middle name, in deference to his mommy's father. But what we're really curious about is whether he will take after his mother, who at 4'11" barely weighs 100 pounds (plus the baby growing inside, of course) or his father who towers at about six-foot-three.


(For our non-American friends, that's 1.5 meters vs. 1.91 meters.)

All the men in our family are tall, so we'll see if that carries forth.

My brother is going have a son...it's fucking amazing!

***

In other family news, today is also my older brother's birthday. He's old. Happy 40th, Big Fish!

5 comments:

The littlest Princess said...

As I told you last night He will be getting a blankie made with love by the Princess. YAY!!!!!!!!!! For his sake I hope that he takes after daddy,height wise. Not that being short is bad because we all know I'm only a tid bit taller than his mommy but for boys tall is good.

Jeen Yes said...

with your super spy abilities,you can't get your hands on some super genetic altering formula that will ensure the boy will be everything to everyone? a useless profession that is. congrats to the hermanito.

Cowboy said...

Life gets weird when people you've always seen as 'young' start having babies.

Congrats! It's a great time to be alive.

Anonymous said...

i thought they wanted to wait for the delivery to be "surprised"????

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Yeah, well, I guess it was pretty obvious at the sonogram? I don't know anything other than there was a VERY happy daddy-to-be making calls yesterday.