3.21.2007

The Harem, Part 4

Until I add more reading material, this is the end:

Random Acts of Genius - I don't know who started reading who first, but we can both blame H. Wood for the introduction. Jeen Yes is okay in my book because I can call him an asshole and he will still root for my alma mater during March Madness. He just needs to post more often because he's the type that waits until the next blue moon and then has the gall to moderate his comments.

Skookum Joe - The tales of a crazy ex-Canadian who woke up from an acid trip in Australia about 10 years ago and decided to stick it out. He now has cats, dogs, and 2 Ps, and sometimes posts quizzes which earn me a kangaroo and a half. I found him through Exile, and stayed when he let me join the Baboon Army Compound. Where we clone baboons that will one day run the world for us while P4 shoots hate rays at anyone they miss. It's a win-win situation.

Steve Novak - This is where you can go for off-the-wall crazy tales about Steve's childhood or his wife. With plenty of profanity, just how I like it. Steve is another one I found through Exile and he's fucking hysterical. There are some pretty good cartoons thrown in for good measure too.

The Disposable Chronicles - The very catalyst for this multi-post excursion, J prompted me to do this by getting it on with Jack Daniels one night and saying really nice things about my blog. So I'm just returning the favor. In an endless universe of poorly written, downright shitty content, J actually entertains me. He's also about to become a daddy for the first time, and has rapid healing abilities. Which he will hopefully pass on to his offspring.

The Virgin Chronicles - What started as Jane magazine's experiment for a virgin to find love before turning 30 has become a forum for her to experiment with serial dating. Apparently she didn't date much in her formative years and hasn't quite gotten it figured out yet. Her 30th birthday has long since passed, without sex, and she starts every post with "So..." It's rather annoying, but for some reason I keep checking in. Morbid curiousity, I guess. She's a trainwreck who doesn't write well at all, but I'm curious to see if she'll actually end up having sex. Ever.

Waiter Rant - By far one of THE best blogs written by a "non-writer." He's a waiter! Who has gained internet notoriety for how well he captures the waiter/diner dynamic. The best is when he bitches about his yuppy customers. But having lived previous lives as a priest-in-training and a mental health professional, he has a good deal of insight into the human condition, and how he winds all of that into his posts is what makes this a good read. To quote J, worth 5 minutes of your life. I just wish he posted with more consistency.

And that's it. It's short, but mostly worth it.

6 comments:

Jeen Yes said...

some of us lead far less interesting lives than others, thereby requiring more time in between posts to create something even remotely worth reading. or at least coherent. and i moderate my comments 'cause i seem to get spammed a lot when i don't. maybe i should have purchased those 3 additional inches for my birthday this year. oh, and thanks for the dap, GPG! (note: i've been on wicked strong painkillers for the past 3 days. needless to say, they're brutal on my abilities to form complete sentences and coherent thoughts).

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Sweetie, use the little word verification thingy. It's annoying, but keeps the spam bots away.

Oh, and I've been on muscle relaxers for the last 3 days, so I'm with you. It's totally awesome, AND I can wear heels again!!

So, what 3 inches?

David N. Scott said...

Haha... not the Jane girl! Man, she's annoying. And that's coming from me. Didn't know her blogothing was still around.

That waiter blog is cool! I have to read that now.

I should do this but it sounds like a lot of work. Plus last time I tried complimenting my blogroll people thought I was making fun of them. ;)

Jeen Yes said...

it's easier and more effective using moderation. as for the 3 inches, of course i'm talking about the 3+ inches to my manlies that have been promised to me by every 3rd email. how's THAT for a birthday gift?

man i love painkillers. the inventor of vicodin should receive a medal or something. or maybe a GPG boobie hug?

David N. Scott said...

Sweetie, use the little word verification thingy. It's annoying, but keeps the spam bots away.

You might want to try Haloscan, GPG. It's a pittance and keeps bots away surprsingly well without verifs.

Y'know, if you care about your poor readers. ;)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I switched over and lost all my previous comments, so I switched back.

Because I like my readers AND their comments.

So there.