3.04.2007

Overheard at Sunday Dinner

Most every Sunday, we gather around our parents' dining room table for a family dinner. Usually there's a Puerto Rican meal on the table. And wine. After a few glasses, we get a little loopy:

GPG: Where's the salsa?

Mom: No hay [we don't have any].

GPG: ¿Como que no hay? [what do you mean we don't have any???]

Dad: Your mother forgot how to be a Mexican.

***

Mom: I'm going to Peru.

GPG: ¿Cuando?

Mom: I don't know. I just want to go.

Dad: Probably after I die.

GPG: Dad, that's horrible! You should go together.

Dad: You know they built a railroad up to the top of Macho Pico...Mashoo...

Mom: Mocho...

GPG: Machu Picchu.

Dad: Mucho Pishu

Baby Brother: Mucho Pussy?

There was a time talking like that at the dinner table got us grounded. Now, it's hilarity. Go figure.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg your bro is so fucking hysterious, if that baby he is about to have is 1/2 as funny as he is he or she will do just fine!

David N. Scott said...

Hahha.. forgot how to be Mexican. That's really funny to me for some reason.

SkookumJoe said...

why the upside down question marks in latin languages? What happens if you write it "?Cuando?"

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

KM: what if it's only funny-looking. I don't know what a Mexican/Puerto Rican/Indian kid looks like, but I'm guessing it'll be a darkie.

Okay, that's its nickname from now till forever: Darkie.

David: and the truth is that the real Mexican (when it comes to making salsa) is my dad.

Joe: just to piss us off.

The littlest Princess said...

I love your family they are so funny. You guys are the best.

Roonie said...

I love your family, too, and I know none of them!

SkookumJoe said...

I loved a family once, but then they woke up and I had to run away