9.25.2006

Nightmares & Dreamscapes


I had the most horrible sleep on Sunday night. Around midnight, I was awakened by the sound of someone repeatedly screaming NO!

That someone was me, wrenching myself out of the worst nightmare ever. I had just narrowly escaped torture by a gang of mutated serial killers (imagine the characters from The Hills Have Eyes), when my friends suddenly disappeared with my car and the bad guys were after me again. For the first five minutes after waking, I was absolutely terrified and kept trying to convince myself that it wasn't real.

Now, I didn't smoke crack or eat chocolate before bed, so I have no idea where the fuck that came from. I was too rattled to fall back to sleep after that, so I entertained myself with some bubblegum vapidity courtesy of Laguna Beach.

When I did eventually succumb to the sandman again, I dreamt that I woke up to H. Wood setting up a surround system in my bedroom. That made no sense either, but at least he's not a scary guy. And it sure beat the hell out of being murdered. Plus, he's much better looking than this monster, that's for damn sure.

I'm hoping my subconscious doesn't try to kill me again tonight. I have a long day tomorrow. Starting it off dead would be quite detrimental.

This is just one more reason not to sleep alone. Seriously.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you eat cheese before bed? That'll give you nightmares.

Jeen Yes said...

what time do you want me to come over? and which nightmare would be worse, gang of mutant serial killers or me sleeping in the nude?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

JY, didn't you promise me dinero for my marathon? Until I get that, we're not discussing your nudity.

Otherwise, the terrorists win.

David N. Scott said...

I never did get that damn refund...

Nightmares suck. And you're right--this really makes me appreciate waking up next to somebody that I can ask if we really are in a hurricane/hiding from monsters/dying of cancer or whatever...

exile said...

smoking chocolate isn't a good idea either

Jeen Yes said...

i thought i'd have some to give. but sadly, my own medical needs have eliminated my, er, "disposable income" for the time being. when is the abso last drop-dead due date?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Sandra: I DID eat cheese before bed! But I do that all the time with no negative consequence...

DNS: refund? For your wife?

Exile: is chocolate-flavored tobacco a bad thing?

JY: It's tomorrow. Tell your dad.

David N. Scott said...

Nah, was gonna donate a bit more out of our student loan refund. It's been 'any day now' since, well, June. >:(

Jeen Yes said...

donation's been made. wouldn't you feel like an ass if i didn't have a dad? just curious. let's thank my uncashed expense check for this one. ;)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

DNS: you were more than generous the first time. Thank you so much.

JY: thanks! (As for your dad, I remembered you said he worked with TNT for years, so no, I wouldn't feel bad at all.)