9.14.2006

I Took the Job


And I start Monday.

Fuck yeah. Back to the world of the living. Back to being a productive member of society, instead of a drain on my own bank account. Back to contributing to the GNP. Or GDP. Or whatever gross product it is we work for.


Back to doing what I love. Well, what I love doing that doesn't require a camera. Or a blood test. And is legal.

The point? No more daily double posting. I might actually not have the time. And for now, that is a very good thing. I think we were getting too comfortable in our reader/blogger relationship, us. What with you expecting me to feed you twice a day, me with too much to say, resulting in a shitload of sub-par ramblings. And really, you deserve better.

In the meantime, I'll be celebrating with my girls tomorrow and then
fighting cancer with beer on Saturday. Everyone who can make it, I hope to see you there.

The rest of you, I'll be back with better stuff real soon. You'll see!

10 comments:

SkookumJoe said...

excellent. Everybody is back to work, the universe is saved.

exile said...

glad to hear you're giving jobs again...

i mean that you got a job

congrats!

Will said...

Word on the street is that you work hard for the money.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and welcome back to the daily joys of work.

Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Oh Great! Now who I will look up too if you actually get a job!

It took me a few times to read your post. All I kept sseeing was fight cancer with beer. I am going do some cancer fighting.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Merely drinking the beer won't save us from cancer. But buying it at The Park tomorrow certainly will go a long way!

David N. Scott said...

Hoorah again! Hope it's not too hard to transition back.

Jeen Yes said...

lemme give you some advice my daddy gave me long ago. he said, "son," (in your case GPG)"don't fuck it up." sound advice indeed.

DrinkJack said...

Sorry to hear your vacation has ended :)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

DNS: it was definitely a loooooong week.

JY: thank your dad for the brilliant advice.

Jack: I woke up thinking it was Tuesday today. I'm still not used to the M-F 9-5 life yet.