9.12.2006

Brawny Man Sighting


A nicely tanned man wearing the official local dress - cargo shorts, white t-shirt, and flip-flops - sitting outside a coffee shop and talking on cellphone, would have looked like any other beach bum enjoying an early morning cup of jet fuel. If not for the presence of the one undeniable lumberjack characteristic:

The full face beard.

What was a lumberjack doing in Mar Vista? Aren't they're trees for him to fell in a forest far away? Is he a retired? Can a strapping man who appears to only be about 35 retire so early from lumberjacking? And can I have his babies?

I suspect that he recently made a career move that brought him out to Venice Beach. But that he has been unable to give up the beard for fear that his face will have funny tan lines. Or maybe just out of habit; he has trouble completely parting from the lifestyle.

But seriously, there was a lumberjack at my coffee shop. How cool is that?

9 comments:

Will said...

You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the wood out of a man, at least not too fast.

Anonymous said...

i thought you didn't want to have babies??? and now you want to rent out your uterus to an unknown retired beach bumming lumberjack????????

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Will: do tell!

KM: that's just a discreet way of saying something less polite.

David N. Scott said...

I used to have a big bushy beard. People thought I was Jewish, though. Not a Lumberjack.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

H. Wood: no no no!! It was a nicely trimmed beard and the t-shirt was brand new. And I'm sure if I had gotten close to him, he would have smelled really nice. Stop ruining my fantasy!

DNS: That's really funny.

David N. Scott said...

I thought so. It made me feel distinguished. But, it was a little hard to upkeep and it did get in food and stuff, so it finally went...

Well, sort of. It lessened, anyway.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I absolutely prefer a man with scruff than without. I love the erotic savagery of it. Shows him to be virile.

Which is so hot.

exile said...

for a second i thought you were describing me, until i saw full face beard.

my face pubes could never form into a beard. they barely pull off a goatee

DrinkJack said...

Amazing what one can find at a coffee shop.