9.28.2006

Things You Missed


Yesterday there was an annual solar eclipse. But you didn't see it, unless you're in South America or West Africa and I haven't had any readers from there lately. So we all missed it.

There was a fakey eclipse on Heroes, if you watched that. I did. But it was fakey.

Yesterday I almost nearly slammed into an SUV in front of me when traffic suddenly came to a dead stop. That's what is typically and improperly called a near-miss. But you didn't see that either, unless you were at the intersection of Washington and Vermont over there in the basin. I don't recommend that area. It's crowded and dirty. And dangerous to drive in, apparently.

I'm really glad I didn't have another car accident. I've been rear ended about seven times. You can file that under "painful incidents that were also not fun."

"Painful incidents that are fun" include falling off a barstool and being too drunk to realize that you've just busted your tailbone and will not be able to sit, walk, or otherwise function for the next 3 months. Because being that drunk is always fun.

But you didn't see that either, unless you were at Molly Malone's that October night in 2003. And that's probably why you continue to encourage my drinking.

This entry has no rhyme or reason. I'm babbling because I've been up since 4:45 am. Because that is what my job requires of me on occasion. But unless you were at Le Meridien this morning, you also missed early morning GPG. Who was eating croissants. With decaf coffee. Because she's allergic to caffeine.

I really should go to bed now. I sincerely miss midday naps.

Confidential to my favorite Boy Muppet: happy birthday, sweetheart! I miss your hugs, and the directions on how to give them. Hope Nut got you some Boy Muppet catnip. Or something.

6 comments:

DrinkJack said...

You broke your ass? Damn.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that breaking your ass is a real pain. In the ass. I got up at 5.20am , OK, so I get to be unfunny.

David N. Scott said...

Wow. Maybe you should do less of the drinkee. I mean, I know a guy who broke his tailbone, but he had to fall off a mountain to do it. I'm just sayin'. ;)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I didn't break my ass! I just bruised it. Horribly, excruciatingly, painfully bruised. But not broken. Although I can't imagine a pain worse than that. I honestly can't.

Even childbirth. During which you can actually break your tailbone. More reasons NOT to have children.

Sandra, I feel your pain. Maybe you can pick up some funny in Singapore...?

BurgandySkies said...

Ah, but when you give birth, you know when it's going to happen, and the hospital gives you drugs.

Although you still can't sit comfortably afterwards.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Yeah, no thanks!