9.01.2006

August by the Numbers

What a month. I thought I'd have a job by now. Instead, I'm considering prostitution as a viable option. Even if there are no 401(k) options or paid vacations. At least it's easy money!

36.5 miles run
9 weeks to relieve the leg pain issue
5 days with tolerable discomfort
31 days unemployed
12 interviews survived
1 interview killed before it began for being related to an associate at the company
2 hours wasted taking their remedial candidate tests and then waiting for the stupid recruiter who was running late, all to be told that they do not hire relatives of existing employees
3.2 fleeting seconds of wondering whether homicide would have been justified at that point
6 hours spent training a replacement for a previous employer
60 minute massage rewarded for my efforts
110.35 dollars spent on alcohol in one week
3 birthdays celebrated or not
30 years of wedded bliss achieved by my kooky, lovable alien parents
240 pictures shot in a single photo session
0 outfit changes necessary
8 of us at a Dodger game
1 obstinate child unwilling to share her cotton candy
4 runs scored by the home team in the bottom of the 7th
418 additional dollars raised for
charity
3 glasses of wine imbibed before movie premiere
106 enjoyable Snakes on a Plane minutes
5 hours spent reuniting with old classmates
18 shots of whisky guzzled over the course of the evening
3 pit stops made on the ride home to relieve my stomach of its contents
1 bon voyage party for Kentucky native, talented actress/writer/singer, and my whore Lex
5 months till we see her again
3 threesomes proposed
0 threesomes resulting
1 new
website launched
5 galleries added
26 blogs posted

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 best friend to bitch with, eat sushi with and offer support or a designated driver to pull over for you to empty the contents of your tummy!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

You are the best. Hope you get a sitter for tomorrow night!!

DrinkJack said...

18 shots of whiskey...yum

But of course I would comment on that.

30 years is a long time. Happy for them.

David N. Scott said...

Yeah, sorry about the threesome thing. Julie and I had stomachaches from all that Thai food. Maybe next Labor Day, or something...

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Jack: you're dependable. I like it.

David: Haha. I forgot all about that one! And also, another one! So I guess I had 5 possible threesomes.

Wow, I'm popular.

I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good thing.

BurgandySkies said...

I love that 44 women project!!! That would make an awesome coffeetable book.

Maybe you should do a photo project about threesomes. ;)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

That's been done too many times. And there are too few people I want to see naked, let alone 3 at a time!

SkookumJoe said...

they don't have to be naked. What about threesomes doing laundry, or flying a kite at the beach. Threesomes have lives too you know. The Beatles? That was a threesome and Ringo Starr. Old Good VanHalen was a threesome plus Mike Anthony.. but then Van Halen was naked a lot...at least David Lee Roth was...I hear...he might already have pictures....

Kilroy_60 said...

I have a number for you, "1".

You have one new link pointed to you, at Fear And Loathing - The Gonzo Papers. I've included you in the newest installment of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere.

Maybe you'd like to come by for a link; if you'd like to do a link exchange I think it would work well.

Cheers!

BurgandySkies said...

Hey, that would be pretty funny. Because everyone would think it was sex pictures and then it wouldn't be. PWNED!

(But then, I'm easily amused.)