7.17.2006

Marked by What?


I've already lamented out loud about what a complete klutz I am. It's not easy being me and staying unbroken for too long a time. I was on a pretty decent streak for a little while here, I think I may have gone a whole week without putting myself in an ouchy situation (running aside, that is).

That all changed in Texas last week. Somehow I've managed to come back with the oddest collection of unattractive hurties, all on my legs. Really, so NOT pretty.


Starting from the top, I have a bright red line about an inch long on my upper left thigh, two superficial scratches (one on the right calf, one on the left shin), and finally, what appears to be a strange orange/green bruise on my left ankle. I thought that last one was just dirt from running on the track on Saturday, but a hot shower followed by friendly observations later determined that it is indeed swollen. It's slightly tender, but not painful.

Per usual, I cannot explain a single one of these strange markings. It's like invisible
evil gnomes use me as their battering ram while I'm sleeping.

Those gnomes can be such assholes.

3 comments:

exile said...

and did these "gnomes" cause the rug burns on your knees? hehehe

David N. Scott said...

Ewww. I have lots of mysterious injuries too but they all seem internal.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Exile: you're back! And no, there are no rug burns (on my knees).

David: need a doctor? Or a shaman?