7.05.2006

Hiding From the Authorities


First, a welcome to my readers from far flung places like Australia, Singapore, the UK, and also the Department of Justice in Salem, Oregon! I don't know what the hell you were doing scanning my archives, other than looking for evidence of my illegal immigrant status. I assure you, however, that I am indeed a tax-paying citizen and not involved in anything remotely subversive or entertaining.

It's my mother you wanted.

30 years ago.

Oh, too late! Sorry, better luck next time!

Speaking of my mom, she lost her job this week. She has been a dental assistant for the last 20 years, a job she obviously stole from some poor, underrepresented, deserving American. But she's been shamelessly living on disability (read: welfare) since she lost the sensation in her fingertips from the caustic chemicals she's been dealing with for two decades. And now her employer doesn't want need her back due to "decreased patient flow." Now, my mom was very popular with her patients, so I'm guessing the lack of flow is due to the lack of Momness, know what I'm sayin'? Or the fact that the dentist is a scary motherfucker that nobody wants to see anyway.

So, if anyone has a tomato farm that needs a-pickin', my mom won't cost you any legal hassles about proper "papers." But since she's legal and all, you will have to pay her at least minimum wage.

Us honest Americans will just have to deal with the increased produce prices.

2 comments:

exile said...

it does suck that this happened, but that is the big risk everyone agrees to when they "come" into the country.

i have a friend of mine who is getting married so she won't get deported, her parents knew the risks but came here anyways. now she has to make up for it.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I just sent him a fundraising request. I'll reserve my comments on his prickness until I see how much money he donates to the cause.