7.09.2006

I Just Couldn't Stay Away


So I'll regale you with stories of my time in the Republic of Texas thus far.

Overheard at the airport baggage claim:

"So have you lived in LA all your life?"

"Actually I went to school in Philadelphia for some time."

"Oh yeah, which one?"

"Penn...The University of Pennsylvania."

"Oh wow, I didn't realize I was sitting next to a smartie."

"..."

***

It's 10 pm and currently 8,000 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Plus 27,000% humidity. This is not an exaggeration. I tried to go for a run on the outside track this morning at 8 am. The glass doors leading outside were all fogged up from the wet heat. It was like going to the sauna.

And it rained today on top of it. The Curly Haired Girl is less than happy.

***

A stranger from Boston introduced me to Maker's Mark tonight. I've never drank bourbon...except for that one SoCo night in college. This was AFTER the double of Cabo Wabo. And yet, other than a little tired, I feel nothing.

Which bodes well for the bottle of San Matias that is awaiting Austin Rocker's arrival right now. Yay!

Don't look at me like that. I was SUPPOSED to be drinking with strangers. That's what a networking event is specifically designed for!

***

When I checked in, my room wasn't ready. I complained, went to dinner, spent $50 on tequila, and ended up in a suite. I'm going to be a squeaky wheel more often!!

***

For the record, my boobs looked awesome today in their red harness underneath the lacy crimson shirt. And made lots of new friends. Like the aforementioned strangers from Boston, who were indeed male. But throughout the day it was mainly women. Which just goes to prove that us ladies prefer a nice set of boobies, too.

Like that was a secret.

Or it could just have been that I represent a rather lucrative account.

Nah...

***

It's amazing how easy it is to adopt a Texan drawl. Especially when savoring conversation with a Dutchman on the shuttle to the conference. I'm saying "y'all" like I've lived here all my life. All that's missing is a cowboy hat.

Someone kill me before that happens!!

Okay, that's enough for you. Tag, y'all are it!

*snicker*

6 comments:

exile said...

yay for boobs! glad they look awsome

like any typical man, everything you said simply washed over me as all my attention went to the boobs

Anonymous said...

y'all come back now ya hear! I miss you and hope you are having fun even if it is hot and wet, oh wait don't you like it hot and wet?????

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

It's ridiculously hot. My hair looks like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket. There will be no pictures of THAT!

BurgandySkies said...

I like cowboy hats...

And now you know why they wear them. All the better to hide frizzy hair under. ;)

exile said...

sure, you laughed at me when i recomended corn rows, who's laughing now?

David N. Scott said...

Wow, humidity sucks. Yaay CA!!