7.27.2006

Half-Bored Thursday


My biggest accomplishment thus far today was eating breakfast. Most people don't even eat this most important meal of the day, and if I'm home in the morning, I'm usually one of them. So the fact that I got my ass out of bed and into the kitchen for a bowl of cereal is a big deal.

I have an interview in about 4 hours. Not in my chosen field, but for something I'm competently qualified to do, and the pay is better than unemployment, so there's no harm in taking the job from an undeserving American. I've got bills to pay.

Skookum Joe is also between work assignments at the moment, but he's using his free time for good, not evil. While I am planning my weekend of well-deserved drunken debauchery, he's cleaning his house and otherwise reminding his wife what a wonderful husband she has. I don't have a wife or anyone else to impress. Except those people who will be interviewing me later.

Wish me luck.

In the meantime, thank you TNT for your "Primetime in the Daytime" ER reruns. It's been so long since I've had a Clooney fix and you're doing me so good.

5 comments:

exile said...

drunken debauchery is always great!

i mean, drunk is good and debauchery is good too.

but together? oh, good times will be had by all

David N. Scott said...

My week's been a lot like that... i.e. hoorah for breakfast...

SkookumJoe said...

hey, hey hey...I was a top-notch drunken debaucherer, but I reached the top of my game and there was nothing left to accomplish.

But even then I liked my house clean. Not Frodo clean, just tidy-like.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Exile: I'm betting money on it.

David: I hope you're feeling better.

H: Unfortunately, the interview was with two woman (both who liked my smile and "energy"), so there was no working the cleavage. But thank god for nice teeth.

Joe: that was not a dig at you manliness. We all know what a strapping force of masculinity you are!

Amanda said...

there's Clooney re-runs that I'm missing! dammit