7.24.2006

Allergia = Not Allegria


My body hates me. It's tempermental and bitchy, which should be no surprise seeing as I am who I am. But who gave my body the greenlight to act like this?

For example, every once in a while I develop really random food allergies. It's always stuff that I've eaten my entire life without any consequence, until the one day my internal organs decide to throw a hissy fit and I can no longer tolerate egg yolks. Or peanuts. Or Thai food.

It only lasts about 6 months at a time. Then the body strike ends and I go back to eating whatever the fuck I want. Until the next time.

Currently, it's anything caffeinated. Like chocolate. This particular malady has been an on-again/off-again irritant for a couple of years. One time, I had a teeny slice of super moist chocolate cake and within 5 minutes had hives all over my left arm. That extreme a reaction is rare, usually my throat just gets really sore and itchy.


It's not life threatening but it is deeply annoying. People look at me like I have three heads when I tell them I'm allergic to chocolate. Because really, how random is that? In the meantime, I can't have soda or coffee or any other yummy-like drink.

Annoying. Because I really want a diet Coke right now. Mmm, diet Coke.

*grumpy*

I've also developed some lovely gout-like symptoms. How, why, what the fuck, I have no idea. It's ridiculous. I'm going to trade it in for a newer model. Without lopsided tits!

4 comments:

David N. Scott said...

Chocolate alone would be bad enough... but all caffeine? You've got me shivering.

I know what you mean about weird malfunctions, though--my athritis and asthsma have a bizarre ebb and flow to them that I can never figure out.

exile said...

no eggs
no chocolate
no caffeine
and now you have gout?

how long until we just say "fuck it" and build you a bubble suit?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

My body just wants me to drink whisky and tequila. Which is not a bad idea.

exile said...

alcohol is good for you, it kills off all those weaker braincells allowing the stronger ones to survive, like buffalo.

as long as you don't become allergic to meat you'll be ok