3.18.2008

Falling Apart at the Seams

Remember how I suddenly have a bad liver? Which sucks because one of things I love most in this world is 18 year old scotch. Well it just goes from bad to worse:

Now I find out that my adrenal glands are "tired." Which isn't in and of itself a death sentence. The adrenals can be rehabilitated. It's the fact that I'm also allergic to wheat, soy, sugar, peanuts, eggs, and chlorine that bothers me.

Did I mention I was a swimmer in high school? I was just poisoning myself back then.

Most of the rest of these are easily avoidable. Except for the wheat and soy. They're in EVERYTHING. Lucky for me, gluten-free products are suddenly all the rage AND the price of wheat just skyrocketed world wide. So very soon, wheat products will be priced out of the market and then I can go back to only worrying about the fact that I can't eat sushi without soy sauce.

Oh, soy. It seems so harmless. Then I found out today it was in my tea. TEA, for chrissakes! Lemon ginger tea. What the hell?

It is so annoying.

6 comments:

LB said...

I'm allergic to soy too...and milk...so I'm screwed. And I played soccer for 15 years and found out that the reason I was getting itchy after games is because I'm allergic to grass as well. AWESOME. I'm also allergic to Penicillin, Amoxacillin and a few other antibiotics...and bananas. WTF!!!!!

So basically...we should stick to eating paper? Or are you allergic to that too?

Anonymous said...

Hey little bull,

I just found out my 4 1/2 year old daughter is allergic to soy, fish and mildly reactive to peanuts....if you have any info or websites that have good info on soy allergies or good products.....I would soooooo appreciate it if you could pass them along. I am GPG's best friend. You can get my email address from her or if you don't mind she can pass along yours to me. This is all new me and as you can imagine very frustrating. Soy is in EVERYFUCKINGTHING. Thanks,
KM

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

LB: KM is my best friend, I can vouch for her.

LB said...

I dont't like the taste of soy...and until recently it wasn't in everything. Ummm...And peanuts...definitely stay away from Thai food...yikes! haha...Stick to organic stuff, it's less likely to have ingredients snuck in there. I'll ask my mom if she has any websites or anything...we didn't find out until my adult life that I was allergic to all that crap. I'll let ya know what I find out! :)

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

My doctor told me that Mexican and Chinese were my best bets. No soy/wheat in most of that kind of food.

Maybe you should all move to Mexico! I'd come visit!!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Yes, going out to eat is difficult. But I can still drink with reckless abandon!! And so it doesn't completely suck.