3.12.2008

Spring Forward

Remember this promise I made to you, myself and a god I don't believe in? It turns out that when you go on vacation, the work doesn't stop. Who knew?

This time change isn't helping. It's really easy to think it's time to rush home when it's dark out, and just as easy to assume it's time to keep working when the sun is still out. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great when I get out "on time" and there's still hours of daylight left. And now that I don't drive directly into the setting sun, this is a giant bonus.

But the shitstorm that started while I was on vacation--a subordinate employee, personnel changes--has me chained to my fake cherry wood desk. I don't even like dark wood. I'm a naked pine kind of girl.

You can quote me on it.

I swear to god, I'm living a weird sort of solar-induced soap opera. Is anyone else dealing with weird shit now that the sun shines till nearly midnight?

1 comments:

Cowboy said...

yo sista,

I'm been busy too. Too busy to sheck my spelklngs and grammars.
Keep the pedal to the medal.ppl like us wouldn't be satisfied with being idle