3.31.2008

Fuck the Boys of Summer

I hate baseball. I really do. It's boring as all hell.

But I really, honestly hate the Dodgers. Everytime Tommy Lasorda gets on tv talking about bleeding Dodger blue, I want to sock the old man in the balls. Shut up, Tommy!

But today really reminded me just how much I despise the Dodgers, their fans, and the assholes who put the stadium in the least accessible place on the planet--which also just so happens to be smack in the middle of my ride home.

And don't even get me started on what the city and developers did to Chavez Ravine in order to get their stupid stadium built. It, along with what happened to the Little Tokyo around WWII, is one of the saddest periods of LA history. Commerce over human lives: hurrah.

Back to my problems. My commute, in both directions, is about 30 minutes. This morning, as all the asshole fans were lining up at the gates (20 cars deep at 9 am) and setting up their barbeque pits for the home opener, it took nearly 45 minutes to get to work. I was furious. And I know all the back roads and secret streets that can normally get someone around that mess. Even that didn't help. Fucking baseball.

Then there was the commute home. I left my office at 5:02. It took 16 minutes to move 4 blocks and I wasn't even near the stadium yet.

I'll spare you the vehement profanities I screamed for the entire ride home, mostly at the drunk assholes who couldn't decide which lane to drive in while their stupid blue flags hung out the windows. Dodgers fans are similar to Raiders fans. They're both characterized by fat, stupid gangbanger wannabes. But I'll take a Raiders fan over a Dodger fan anyday, mostly because Oakland's traffic problems are not my problems.


I finally got home some time around 5:56. Pissed and hating baseball more than ever. And it's just going to get worse. The night games start at 7 pm, which just means hell for me. Expect a VERY cranky GPG on the nights they play at home. I could take a huge detour by heading west and then north into Los Feliz and just avoiding that area completely, but that won't gain me anything but NOT having to stare at stupid asshole fans while my clutch gets an unnecessary workout.

I'm rooting for the Angels. Mostly because they wear red and are nowhere near me, my house, or my office. Fucking baseball.

Did I mention I hate baseball?

0 comments: