3.17.2008

Hey, That's My Bike

La Ria and I solve the issues when we chat. Big, global ones.

GPG: I'm really irritated by Washington Mutual's new slogan.
Whoo hoo! It's spelled all wrong.

La Ria: How?

GPG: W-h-o-o-h-o-o. That's wrong. The verb "to woo" is spelled w-o-o.


La Ria: You know which one bugs me? Oops spelled o-p-p-s.

GPG: What? That's wrong. Who does that?

La Ria: I see it all the time!

GPG: Are you sure they're not channelling Naughty by Nature?

La Ria: Yeah, "you know me?" It's 2008.

GPG: I just heard that song yesterday.

La Ria: Really?

GPG: I swear.

La Ria: It's not Naughty by Nature. And it really bugs me.

GPG: Like "whoo." Well, wait. "Whoops" is spelled with a wh. Hmm. Then again, to WOO. Hello. If the world just came around to my way of thinking, things would be so much better.

La Ria: And spelled correctly too.

I love my like-minded grammar nazi friend.

0 comments: