3.24.2008

Eating Out and Dining In

In light of this news, I've been trying to determine just how bad off I am. Certain things affect me in varying degrees. I can have small amounts of sugar but absolutely NO wheat products unless I want to feel like I'm dying for a few hours. Same goes for eggs, they're death on sight.

Safe to eat:
- cheese
- wine, tequila, AND scotch
- rice cakes
- tortilla chips
- pork rinds
- Jack in the Box tacos and cheese sticks
- sushi with very small doses of soy sauce
- foccacia
- steak with truffle butter

Not safe:
- Philly cheesesteaks
- pizza
- quiche
- Panda Express eggplant and fried tofu
- soy lattes
- cherry pie
- ciabbata sandwiches
- French fries

The weirdest thing is how I react to diet Coke. Aspartame makes my arms feel like they're going to fall off. It's not fun.

On the upside, it turns out there are a lot of bad things that are still okay to ingest. Yay!

Testing will continue until I overcome these silly allergies and/or die. I wonder how I'll tolerate Reese's peanut butter cups...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you have coeliac disease or just a bad case of wheat (and egg) allergy? Aspartame - that is pure evil anyway.

BurgandySkies said...

No pizza or philly cheese steaks!?The horror!

Actually, I have this problem with onions, so I can relate. People seem to want to put onions in everything!

LB said...

I hate onions!!! YUCK!
Pork Rinds? You crack me the fuck up!

BurgandySkies said...

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/03/26/92-book-deals/

Now, look what you did!

You should ask for a cut. ;)