9.21.2007

Photoblogging Friday 9.21.07

The other day I went crazy taking pictures in a downtown parking lot. It's dark and creepy as all hell, but I have to park there to see my chiropractor. Not good for a single woman, but visually great for a photographer.

I like the way the light comes in through the dirty stairwell:

Creepy stairwell

Enter...


What's really misleading is that the outside of this building is a gorgeous Art Deco façade. It's currently surrounded by scaffolding as it's being restored. But the inside? Ick.

Expect to see more from this session in the coming weeks.

3 comments:

Alexandra Scarborough (Sasha) said...

Nice use of light & shadow, baby!

Cowboy said...

I love how this is an example of a 'dirty' staircase. Maybe in LA, sister. I can show you some dirty staircases, Detroit style. They have crumpled men in the corner in puddles of pee with syringes sticking out of their thighs. Jim Morrison was right: the West is the best.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Thanks, X.

Jay: to be honest, overexposing it "cleaned" it up a bit. But this is definitely not the dirtiest you will find in LA. I just tend to stay far, far, far away from those places.